Inherited strip club - HELP!

National and general strip club topics.

Inherited strip club - HELP!

Postby bigbon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:48 am

Hi,

My mom and I recently inherited a strip club (topless) from my aunt in northern Michigan. It's been around for 30+ years, established, well-known. We have a lawyer already but I have a few questions about the operations of the club.

She worked there when it was open but my mom and I are partners in another business and probably won't be at the club all the time. There is no liquor license. Currently there is only pop, popcorn machine, peanuts. My aunt ran it like this: the house would get 1/2 of all lap dances and $20 from the girls out of their tips at the end of the night. Cover charge was $5 which was the house's.

We are thinking about charging the girls $50 a night (they dance on a stage) and letting them keep whatever they make. We would also charge a cover and keep that. Cameras are installed in the place already. What do you think about that?

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
bigbon

Re: Inherited strip club - HELP!

Postby SandyLand » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:33 am

I am not from your area, but have been venturing into strip clubs. I am looking for a club that will cater to me and my spouse. We like to go together. We are both professional business persons with good incomes. We both drink and enjoy snacks during the course of a night out. I am a business consultant by trade. A few observations that may help with your business. The clubs with a full house of customers (both female and male):
Beautiful sexy female dancers (being handed many dollars) (clean, good personal care)
Alcohol (good bar tender/excellent drinks)
Cover Charge (varied by location and demographics)
Food (standard menu as in most restaurants)
Facilities (clean, tasteful, especially the restrooms) (great furniture which created great atmosphere)(security inside and out)
Private Rooms (Private Parties of 2 or more)
Lap Dances ( as state laws permit)
Advertising (Excellent websites)
Age of customers (no one under 21)
Dress Code (most definitely)

Before you make changes, determine what type of customers do you want to attract. Will your location support that type of customer. How much revenue will you need to gross to cover your operational costs (including dancers). How much will you net after all operational costs are paid. This will get you started. Anything more, I will have to send you a bill. :D
SandyLand

Postby SCC_Admin » Mon May 07, 2012 7:07 pm

As with any business, focusing on customer satisfaction is a good idea. Some strip clubs treat customers like shit. Those are the ones I never want to go back to. And I don't.
SCC_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Joseph Clay Mason » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:00 am

You are going to have to see the other strip clubs around where you live and see how much they charge their dancers to work there. If you are charging more to work at your place, the dancers will start leaving your club. Get a feel for what your competitor are doing. Also... I am not sure what the laws are in your area. In our area, a strip club that can't serve booze is done. Is it possible to get your liquor license? I have worked at a few strip clubs over the years and they made most of their money selling booze.
Joseph Clay Mason

Return to General Strip Club Discussion