do cashiers at strip clubs get tips?

National and general strip club topics.

do cashiers at strip clubs get tips?

Postby blissfulbeauty » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:38 am

so I just recently got a job as a cashier in strip club (working the front door & collecting cover charge). I haven't started working yet but the manager says I'll get a base pay per nite and whatever tips I make. Do cashiers really make tips?? How much would you say?
I'm a cute girl and all but I don't think I've ever heard of them getting tipped.....I really wanted a bartending position but if the tips are near decent I'll stick with this I guess...

Thanx!!  ;)
blissfulbeauty

Re: do cashiers at strip clubs get tips?

Postby SCC_Admin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:46 pm

I have never heard of the door worker/ID checker/cover charge taker getting tips.  I have never given one a tip and have never seen one get tipped.  The thought never crossed my mind. :-\  I did know a woman once whose daughter was a bartender at an upscale topless club.  She said her daughter made $300 a night in tips. I saw her and she was a beautiful woman.  I do not think a male bartender would make that much.

Waitresses can make decent tips.  It depends.  If you want to make the big bucks, you've got to dance, generally speaking.  But with the down economy, there is no guarantee of that anymore, either.  Best of luck at your new job.
SCC_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby blissfulbeauty » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:00 pm

hmmm...disappointing but I thought so...

Thanx for the feedback :)
blissfulbeauty

Postby SCC_Admin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:44 pm

blissfulbeauty wrote:hmmm...disappointing but I thought so...

Thanx for the feedback :)

You are welcome.  I don't think you are the first woman to have ever been misled by a strip club. Maybe you will get tips.  Probably not.

Perhaps one day you will consider becoming a dancer. :)
Last edited by SCC_Admin on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCC_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Return to General Strip Club Discussion